HPE unveils platform enhancements and new cloud services in the Middle East for HPE GreenLake
Hewlett Packard Enterprise today unveiled platform enhancements and new cloud services in the Middle East for HPE GreenLake. This includes a reimagined modern private cloud that provides a cloud-native experience to power an organization’s hybrid strategy, regardless of location. In addition, HPE unveiled eight new HPE GreenLake cloud services, giving customers more choice, control, and predictability for their enterprise cloud delivery.
The HPE GreenLake Platform – the Foundation of the HPE GreenLake Experience
HPE GreenLake edge-to-cloud platform provides customers and partners with a unified experience, control and visibility, and fast and easy access to over 70 cloud services. Today, HPE GreenLake has 65,000 customers and over one exabyte of data under management with customers worldwide. These organizations benefit from one control plane from which to automate, orchestrate, and run their hybrid cloud strategy.
At HPE Discover 2022, HPE unveiled additional advancements to the HPE GreenLake platform, including enhanced security, a new developer portal and developer tools, and deeper capabilities to manage assets and workloads at scale.
The HPE GreenLake platform continues to drive strong customer demand. In Q2 2022, HPE reported Annualized Revenue Run-Rate (ARR) of $829 million and triple digit as-a-service orders growth for the third consecutive quarter.
HPE GreenLake for Private Cloud Enterprise
The market for private cloud continues to grow, due to multiple concerns and priorities for customers, including application entanglement, control, cost, data gravity, data latency, and predictability.
HPE GreenLake builds on this momentum with HPE GreenLake for Private Cloud Enterprise, a new offering that reimagines the private cloud experience, by providing an automated, flexible, scalable, and enterprise-grade private cloud. Built for both cloud-native and traditional applications, HPE GreenLake for Private Cloud Enterprise includes modular infrastructure and software and supports the deployment of bare metal, virtual machines, and container workloads.
• Manage workloads, not infrastructure – HPE GreenLake for Private Cloud Enterprise is delivered with enterprise-grade SLAs, covering the full lifecycle, including installation, provisioning, firmware updates, maintenance, operations, hardware, growth planning, and support.
• Open platform for both cloud-native and traditional applications – Run both traditional and cloud native applications at scale with simplicity and speed, without the cost, risk, or effort of moving and refactoring data.
• Built for DevOps and Automation – Designed for the modern DevOps model, HPE GreenLake for Private Cloud Enterprise can be programmatically provisioned, configured and scaled. It integrates into an organization’s approved configurations, toolchains, images, and networks.
• Leverage the HPE GreenLake Marketplace – Access to over 80 ISVs and growing. The HPE GreenLake Marketplace is a robust ecosystem of ISVs, service providers and colocation partners, that enables customers and partners to deploy software in their private clouds with ease, all pre-tested and qualified for the HPE GreenLake platform.
• Achieve Cost Control and Transparency – Customers can keep tabs on usage and spend with consumption analytics, and view and optimize costs by service type, location, or business unit, and get aggregated usage across your private cloud deployment.
Data, Storage, and Compute Cloud Services from HPE GreenLake
Today HPE also unveiled multiple cloud services designed to help organizations drive data-first modernization:
• HPE GreenLake for Data Fabric – HPE GreenLake for Data Fabric is a managed service that contains an analytic-ready data fabric for hybrid environments. The service increases productivity with a single data store through companywide access to data.
• HPE GreenLake for HCI (Hyperconverged Infrastructure)
Delivers cloud operations with a SaaS based interface to simplify virtual machines (VMs) and infrastructure management in a hybrid cloud environment.
• HPE GreenLake for Disaster Recovery – Unlocks recovery experience in one simple platform with unlimited scale. With HPE GreenLake for Disaster Recovery customers can recover in minutes, to a of state seconds before the disruption. From ransomware to outages or natural disasters, resume operations with ease with recovery point objectives (RPOs) and recovery time objectives (RTOs).
• HPE Backup and Recovery Service– Delivers an efficient backup solution for Amazon Web Services (AWS), specifically Amazon Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2) instances and Amazon Elastic Block Storage (EBS) volumes. With this solution, customers can protect their VMs in three simple steps and in less than five minutes, eliminating the complexities of managing and operating backup hardware, software, and cloud infrastructure together.
• HPE GreenLake for Block Storage – the industry’s first block storage as-a-service to deliver 100% data availability built on a cloud operational model. This new offering includes general-purpose service tiers where customers can leverage a cost-optimized storage service for general-purpose workloads.
• HPE GreenLake for Compute Ops Management – HPE builds on its heritage and leadership in the server market with HPE GreenLake for Compute Ops Management, to provide a cloud experience that simplifies and automates compute lifecycle management.
HPE GreenLake Offers New Industry Solutions
HPE GreenLake also continues to build out a catalog of cloud services for specific industry-verticals, based on partnerships and integrations with domain specific ISVs.
• HPE GreenLake for Payments – Delivers an end-to-end, pay-per-use payments service from HPE GreenLake. This secure, low-risk and cloud-centric payment platform enables customers to modernize their payments environment to innovate rapidly and help manage compliance with the latest regulations. Fully managed by industry experts from HPE GreenLake, this solution combines the payments experience of Lusis TANGO and the proven, distributed-transaction processing of HPE Nonstop for payments.
• HPE GreenLake with FIS Ethos – Hewlett Packard Enterprise is working towards a collaboration with FIS Ethos to provide a real-time customer data platform that delivers intelligent engagement analytics, leveraging technology from FIS. To improve the digital engagement of customers on demand, business requires real-time access to data that reside across multiple locations, and the tools to understand them. The insights from HPE GreenLake with FIS Ethos will enable businesses to deliver personalized data-driven customer engagement that can increase customer loyalty and overall profitability
The updated HPE GreenLake platform experience will be generally available in September 2022.
HPE GreenLake for Private Cloud Enterprise will be generally available in September 2022.
HPE also offers financing options, through HPE Financial Services, to fund customers’ data-first modernization initiatives with HPE GreenLake.