Pure Storage has announced advancements in its sustainability efforts, helping customers dramatically reduce their energy use and environmental footprint.
Sustainability has been a part of Pure Storage’s DNA from its inception as a disruptive innovator in the storage industry. As sustainability and energy savings become increasingly critical to organizations around the globe, Pure is continuing to invest in helping customers achieve their environmental and energy reduction goals.
The new Pure1® Sustainability Assessment gives customers visibility on their environmental impact and proactively suggests optimization opportunities. Features include:
- Power savings analysis: Pure1 will show the power used compared to the appliance’s nominal power load. Customers can monitor power consumption efficiency for an entire fleet, by data center site, or at the individual array.
- Greenhouse gas emissions monitor: Pure1 provides direct carbon usage estimates based on power used.
- Assessment: Customers can use Pure1 to assess how to improve power efficiency by metering Watts per unit of data on the array that can be read back.
- Recommendations: Pure1 provides proactive insights and guidance on improving direct carbon footprint.
In addition to delivering new sustainability tools, Pure continues to advance its core products to be more sustainable. With the launch of the FlashBlade//S™ family of products, Pure is delivering more than double the power efficiency of previous versions. Because of unique design decisions – including Pure’s DirectFlash technology, built-for-flash software, always-on deep compression, and Evergreen™ architecture – both FlashBlade® and FlashArray™ can achieve energy savings unlike any competitive storage systems on the market.
Since reporting its first sustainability results in March 2022, Pure Storage has now performed use phase sustainability analyses following the Life Cycle Assessments (LCA) formula across its full portfolio of storage arrays, including the new FlashBlade//S. Pure delivers:
- 84.7% in direct energy savings vs. competitive all-flash for FlashArray//X™
- 80% in direct energy savings vs. competitive all-flash for FlashArray//XL™
- 75% in direct energy savings vs. competitive hybrid for FlashArray//C™
- 67% in direct energy savings vs. competitive legacy all-flash for FlashBlade//S
- 60% in direct energy savings vs. competitive upstart all-flash for FlashBlade//S