Apple is going to announced new MacBooks at its event on Thursday October 27, 2016. Invites were sent earlier this week with a ”Hello again”, that echoed the “Hello” from the first Mac launch back in the eighties.
If you were expecting new Mac hardware from Apple after that, you’d be right. Apple’s plans for Thursday are becoming clear, and fans of the MacBook family better check their bank accounts. Widely expected to see an update to the MacBook Pro line-up, KGI Securities Ming-Chi Kuo has issued a report that says Apple will launch three new models; a thirteen-inch MacBook Pro, a fifteen-inch MacBook Pro, and a new 13-inch MacBook.
Interestingly, Kuo said Apple won’t ship its rumoured iMac upgrade or external 5k display until the first half of 2017. The 5k display, a follow-up to the Thunderbolt Display, is rumored to have an integrated GPU.
The key feature on the new MacBook Pros will be a context-sensitive touchscreen that will replace the physical function key strip. This will give access to popular commands and quick actions that can be determined on an app-by-app basis. The laptops are also expected to pick up TouchID to verify a user’s identity.