VMware’s new offerings and partnerships enable customers to optimize their cloud journey
VMware has announced innovations, new offerings, services and expanded partnerships that further enable customers to optimize their journey to multi-cloud.
“VMware and its partners continue to deliver new innovative offerings to help customers benefit from a cloud-smart approach,” said Raghu Raghuram, CEO, VMware. “Customers recognize that a multi-cloud environment provides them a choice of clouds—sovereign and global—in which to run their apps. VMware is there every step of the way to help customers turn multi-cloud complexity into competitive advantage.”
Today at VMware Explore Europe, VMware announced offerings focused on helping enable customers to better run, scale and secure enterprise workloads across private and public clouds and at the edge. Highlights include:
• With 25 partners globally, VMware Sovereign Cloud now features VMware Tanzu on sovereign cloud, VMware Aria Operations Compliance pack for sovereign clouds, and new open ecosystem solutions. These innovations will enable partners to deliver services equivalent to those found in public clouds, while also better assuring data is protected, compliant, and resident within national territories
• VMware’s next-generation SD-WAN solution, featuring a new SD-WAN Client, will help enterprises more securely, reliably, and optimally deliver applications, data and services—no matter where they reside—to the site, branch, and home, across any network to any device.
• The new VMware Carbon Black XDR will advance lateral security by extending VMware’s network visibility and detection to VMware Carbon Black Enterprise EDR, significantly improving threat detection and prevention across endpoints and networks.
• The new VMware HCX+ and enhancements to the VMware NSX ALB PULSE Cloud Service will help enterprises embrace the cloud operating model.
Build and Operate a Cloud Native Platform
VMware has announced advancements to its VMware Tanzu cloud native app portfolio and VMware Aria cloud management platform. They combine to deliver a cloud-smart approach to cloud native application development, delivery, and management that supports customers at every step of their journey, across any Kubernetes and across any cloud. Highlights include:
• The beta launch of VMware Image Builder, which automates the creation of secure, trusted, and continuously maintained software artifacts in alignment with corporate compliance standards.
• Availability of a new free offering of VMware Aria Hub powered by VMware Aria Graph.
Empower the Hybrid Workforce
VMware has announced new capabilities across its Anywhere Workspace platform to help further ease this management burden for IT teams and improve their productivity with automation. Updates include:
• VMware is broadening the coverage of its DEX solution to support Digital Employee Experience Management (DEEM) for third-party managed Windows devices.
• The extension of Workspace ONE Freestyle Orchestrator to enable automation beyond device-based task-specific workflows within Workspace ONE to context-driven ticketing workflows that span 3rd party IT systems.
• Horizon Cloud on Microsoft Azure has achieved Federal Risk and Authorization Management Program (FedRAMP) High Authorization through the Joint Authorization Board (JAB) and received its Authority to Operate (ATO) in Civilian agencies.
At VMware Explore Europe, VMware has unveiled enhanced offerings for VMware Cross-Cloud services to help customers navigate the multi-cloud era from cloud chaos to cloud smart. VMware Cross-Cloud services is a portfolio of cloud services that deliver a unified and simplified way to build, operate, access, and secure any application on any cloud from any device.