NETSCOUT SYSTEMS today revealed the findings of a commissioned Forrester Consulting Total Economic Impact Study that evaluated the cost savings and business benefits for organizations deploying NETSCOUT Omnis AED to protect against Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) cyberattacks. Based on a financial assessment and interviews with four decision-makers that had implemented the solution, Forrester found that over three years Omnis AED provided a composite organization:
• An overall return on investment (ROI) of 201%
• Improved DDoS protection with greater control in configuring existing security systems
• Greater coverage with connected intelligence feeds and automated mitigation
• Increased operational efficiencies saving more than 2,000 hours of time
• Improved time to detect and respond, saving 144 hours due to automatic DDoS mitigation
“DDoS continues to be a huge threat to organizations worldwide with more than 9.7 million attacks – one every three seconds – in 2021*,” stated Tom Lyons, vice president of product, NETSCOUT. “Forrester’s research quantified a net present value of $3.37 million over three years using Omnis AED, with a payback period of seven months. It’s rewarding to understand how our solutions are helping customers defend their IT infrastructures from bad actors while also saving them time and money.”
In addition to the quantified findings in the study, Forrester also highlighted several unquantified benefits, including improved application uptime through automated traffic filtering; better compliance and governance; and improved peace of mind and brand reputation.