Veritas Technologies today announced the next evolution of Veritas InfoScale, the company’s leading software-defined infrastructure availability solution, that will enable customers to deploy InfoScale as containers in native Kubernetes platforms, including Red Hat OpenShift. Native deployment will make it easier to provide InfoScale’s high availability, persistent storage and storage optimization for stateful Kubernetes critical workloads.
The evolution will begin with InfoScale 8, which will be available later this year and will enable enterprise customers and DevOps engineers to deploy the following InfoScale features as containers:
● Software-defined persistent volume storage classes
● Dynamic and static persistent storage provisioning
● Non-disruptive scaling of persistent volumes
● Non-disruptive migration of persistent volumes
● REST APIs for third party integration
● Persistent volume snapshots
● Container lifecycle management
InfoScale 8 will also be the first time the product is available as a Red Hat certified container application and Red Hat OpenShift Certified Operator available in the Red Hat Ecosystem Catalog with single-click deployment.
Today’s announcement builds on other recent InfoScale and Veritas NetBackup updates to support containerization, making Veritas the most comprehensive data protection provider across physical, virtual, cloud and container environments.