Pure Storage has announced Pure Fusion, an industry-first self-service, autonomous storage platform that marries the best of enterprise storage with the agility and scalability of the cloud.Pure Fusion delivers a SaaS management plane that pools storage arrays into availability zones and automates previously complex tasks such as workload placement, workload mobility, and fleet rebalancing. It also includes a new API framework that enables both storage teams and end-users to operate in an on-demand, storage-as-code model that integrates with the developer tools they use today.
Pure Fusion delivers a new infinite scale-out storage model that unifies arrays and optimizes storage pools on the fly, bringing the simplicity of the cloud operating model anywhere with on-demand consumption and back-end provisioning. End-users will be able to rapidly consume volumes, file systems, and advanced data services like replication without waiting for back-end manual work, making hardware truly invisible. Pure Fusion will allow organizations to scale seamlessly, integrating first with FlashArray//X, FlashArray//C, and Pure Cloud Block Store, with future integrations planned with FlashBlade and Portworx. Pure Fusion, coupled with the powerful Pure portfolio, will take performance, density, and data availability to new levels.
Key features and benefits of Fusion include:
● Infinite scale-out: Modernize storage clustering with new cloud-like availability zones to achieve nearly unlimited scale-out.
● Cloud self-service: Enable end-users to rapidly consume volumes, file systems, and advanced data services like replication without waiting for back-end manual work.
● Intelligent workload management: Optimize storage pools by assigning and rebalancing workloads on the fly as conditions change – without hands-on management.
● Enhanced reliability: Ensure global availability and superior fault tolerance without impacting performance.
● Seamless automation through our Storage-as-Code model: Provision and deploy customer storage volumes faster, from the most common tools developers use today like Terraform and Ansible, with a powerful API-first interface.
Fusion will be in preview by the end of this year, with general availability to come in the first half of 2022.
Visitors to GITEX will get an opportunity to discuss the application of Pure Fusion at the Pure Storage booth located in Hall 8, Stand A3