Ericsson today launches its new purpose and vision.
– Our purpose: To create connections that make the unimaginable possible
– Our vision: A world where limitless connectivity improves lives, redefines business and pioneers a sustainable future
Börje Ekholm, President and CEO, Ericsson, says “Our new purpose and vision is anchored in the company’s values of respect, professionalism, perseverance and integrity. We remain steadfast in our efforts to foster a culture of integrity by embedding our values into all ways of working. This important work continues, and we are committed to creating greater accountability, trust and respect with our people, customers and stakeholders, while ensuring sustainable success for the company in the future.”
Looking ahead, Ericsson’s vision imagines a world where limitless connectivity improves lives, redefines business and pioneers a sustainable future.
As part of this, Ericsson is today launching a new look and feel for its brand as well as a series of future scenarios it believes will emerge in an era of hyper connectivity:
• Enabling new ways of learning – by connecting every learning establishment and every learner. Future workforces will be increasingly more dependent on digital technologies for life-long learning and upskilling while mobile networks will deliver quality education to every school regardless of location.
• Redefining business – by reducing risk and time-to market while creating huge efficiencies and opportunities across the value chain. Entire business models will be transformed by limitless connectivity using real-time data that feeds instantly into design and manufacturing processes.
• Reimagining entertainment – through an internet of senses that blends virtual and real worlds together. Imagine live game data superimposed in front of your eyes or the ability to experience the sound, touch and smell of live game action – from the comfort of your sofa.
• Tackling the climate crisis – by using technologies such as 5G, AI and IoT to drive decarbonization, meet international targets and help limit global warming to 1.5 degrees above pre-industrial levels.
A prerequisite for all of these scenarios remains reliable, secure, and high-quality mobile network infrastructure. The 5G platform that is currently being rolled out around the world is a fundamental, first step in helping to build this future digital society.