HP today announced HP Indigo Secure, a suite of never-before-seen security and brand protection solutions. These solutions help security printers and print service providers protect their customers from counterfeiters and other product threats, the impact of which is estimated to reach $4.2 trillion, globally, in the next few years.
HP also announced the new HP Indigo 6K Secure Press, the first HP Indigo digital press designed especially for the security printing market, delivering end-to-end security solutions featuring multi-security layers printed in one pass, in a secure environment.
HP Indigo Secure solution includes hardware, software, media, and inks for security printing and brand protection, based on proprietary HP Indigo LEP technology and industry-leading partner solutions. It offers printers the ability to mix and match a wide range of innovative and advanced security elements and designs that are easy to print and hard to copy. Capabilities include multi-layered measures of overt and covert elements, with any combination of invisible inks, infrared inks, variable data printing, unique serialized IDs, QR codes, serialized microtext, guilloche patterns, and cloud-connected track and trace.
HP Indigo Secure is designed for governments, financial institutions, and other institutions that handle currency, personal identifications, and other secure documents as well as documents worth money, such as tax stamps, gaming documents and more. Brand protection solutions are designed for brands that are increasingly forced to confront counterfeiting issues.
HP Indigo 6K Secure
HP Indigo 6K Secure Press is a one-pass, end-to-end security printing solution developed in collaboration with Jura JSP, a global brand name in the high-security graphic arts and origination trade. The press is available now for certified security printers. It is based on the highly successful narrow-web HP Indigo 6K platform.
HP Indigo 6K Secure Digital Press delivers multi-layered, dynamic, adaptive, mix-and-match security solutions to fight back against counterfeiters and preempt new strikes. Features include:
• Robust Variable Data Printing to deliver multi-personalized security elements and multi-serialization techniques that are used for each printed product
• Seven HP Indigo ElectroInk color stations, including cutting-edge security inks and a pipeline of ink development in R&D.
• HP Indigo One Shot print mode, delivering highest accuracy printing with leading digital registration capability at high print speeds, capable of creating accurate microtext, dots, and lines.
• Unique press fingerprints on each to track and verify the source of the print.
• Secure user log-in control with different levels of printing restrictions.
• Collaborations with experienced and recognized industry players, including Jura, Agfa, Haiyaa, Scantrust, Evrythng, Micro Focus, VerifyMe, and Bsecure.