Sony will unveil its new lineup of products at the CES 2018 in Las Vegas today, 9th January at 5:00 a.m. GST. On display will be its latest product offerings such as 4K OLED televisions and wireless noise-cancelling stereo headsets that allow you to enjoy high audio quality music while working out. It will also be introducing its latest initiatives in automotive image sensors that will contribute to the advent of fully autonomous driving in society, and artificial intelligence (AI) x Robotics including the recently-announced entertainment robot aibo, which will be on display for the first time anywhere outside of Japan.
Sony Corporation President & CEO Kazuo Hirai spoke at the Sony press conference held on Monday, 8 January, stating, “In the space of consumer electronics, I strongly believe that there is still so much that we can do to innovate and to bring you the most meaningful creative and entertainment experiences through our products.”
Main products and prototypes being showcased:
- 4K OLED BRAVIA A8F Series
- X900F Series of BRAVIA 4K LCD TVs
- Prototype of X1TM Ultimate next-generation picture processor
- HT-Z9F and HT-X9000F slim sound bars
- WF-SP700N wireless noise-cancelling stereo headset
- WI-SP600N behind-the-neck style wireless headphone category
- Xperia XA2 and Xperia XA2 Ultra Smartphones
- LSPX-A1 4K Ultra Short Throw Projector
- CCB-WD1, a new Camera Control Box (currently available)
- Automotive Image Sensors (Concept)
Also revealed was an increase in voice assistant-compatible devices. Sony is planning to bring Google Assistant compatibility to last year’s acclaimed 1000X series of wireless noise cancelling headphones as well as the newly announced WF-SP700N and WI-SP600N.
Additionally, Sony will conduct an audio assistant demonstration on location, taking place in a simulated living room and kitchen and featuring a lineup of Sony’s audio visual devices.