Infor, a leading provider of business application software serving more than 70,000 customers, today announced that Gary Hopwood has been appointed as manufacturing channel manager for the Middle East.
His appointment is the latest development in Infor’s ongoing growth throughout the region and will drive expansion of the Infor Partner Network (IPN). Approximately 20% of Infor’s license revenue is generated through channel partners in the IPN.
- Based in the Infor’s Dubai office in Media City, Gary Hopwood will be responsible for developing the manufacturing channel partner network throughout UAE, Oman, Kuwait, Bahrain, Qatar, Egypt and Libya.
- Gary has over two decades of experience in conducting business throughout the Middle East. For the last five years Gary held a variety of sales roles at SAP. He has particular expertise in the aerospace and public sector vertical markets.
- In January 2013 Infor opened a new customer support centre within its office in Dubai Internet City.
- Infor customers throughout the Middle East include Awal Gulf, Saudi Printing, Hassan Opticians, Pan Emirates and Zahid Group.
- The IPN is an industry leading program which focuses on helping Infor channel partners run successful businesses based around supplying Infor products and services, enabling partners to deliver the highest quality support for Infor customers.
“Infor has seen incredible growth and momentum in the region as the micro-vertical strategy has been brought to bear on not only the various sectors within manufacturing but other industries as well,” said Alain Raflé, regional vice president, EMEA Channels, Infor. “Combined with the new user interface, integration via ION and social business capabilities such as Infor Ming.le, our proposition for forward looking manufacturers in the Middle East is very strong indeed. In order to capitalise on this, we are looking for select partners that can match our passion for growth and Gary brings a wealth of experience to our Middle East operations. We are very excited to welcome him to the team.”