VMware has completed its acquisition of SaltStack. Together with the SaltStack team and product portfolio, VMware is now positioned to help its customers accelerate their infrastructure automation projects and realize the outcomes they are driving toward.
SaltStack will become an integral part of VMware’s vRealize Automation product line as its core software configuration management, infrastructure automation and security operations offering. It will complement the existing purpose-built automation offerings integrated within vRealize Automation product line to address a wide range of modern use cases:
• Core infrastructure as a service (IaaS) automation with VMware Cloud Assembly;
• Integrated continuous delivery pipelines with vRealize Code Stream;
• Integrated workflow automation with vRealize Orchestrator;
• Integrated serverless automation with built-in functions called ABX; and,
• Software configuration, security and infrastructure automation with SaltStack.
SaltStack completes and extends VMware’s offering by enabling them to deliver full stack automation – from apps to infrastructure. VMware customers seeking software configuration management, infrastructure and security automation capabilities can now purchase SaltStack products. Moving forward, integration of the SaltStack product set with vRealize Automation and offering it as a core part of vRealize Cloud Management portfolio can also be expected. Additionally, investments in Salt and the other open-source projects previously maintained by SaltStack is set to continue.